Digital Strategy Committee | Guest Blogs - (Comments Off on NVTC Digital Strategy Outlook, Public Safety & the Fairfax 2015 World Police & Fire Games)
Guest Blogs | Uncategorized - (Comments Off on A Look Into Carpathia’s Crystal Ball: Predictions for 2015)
- Hybrid Cloud Grows Up and “Gets Real” – Out of the buzz created by incredibly rapid IT technology advancements, the industry will finally emerge with a firm understanding of the gamut of “hybrid” options thanks to best practices derived from real-world cloud deployments.
- Compliance’s Operational Impacts Will Continue To Expand – Are your prepared to pass that next audit? After years of struggling with time-consuming and complex compliance processes and procedures, enterprises, agencies, and auditors alike will be even busier! But there is some light at the end of the tunnel – and it comes in the form of automation.
- Privacy Will Be Everywhere – Whether it’s electronic protected health information (ePHI) driven by ACA or information traveling between public and private cloud environments, harnessing and protecting data will be a focal point of every government and enterprise IT initiative.
- Agencies Get Cozier With Public Cloud – Government cloud computing adoption will hit its stride. Agencies will finally start moving a great number of workloads (and even some mission-critical ones) into the public cloud with FedRAMP authorized providers.
- Verticalized Cloud Communities Become the Next Boomtowns – There’s no one-size-fits all when it comes to cloud. As a result, industries with common compliance standards, such as healthcare, will turn to cloud service providers that can act as community organizers or hubs. In 2015, we’ll see the increasing emergence of vertical-centric cloud communities that can effectively cater to industry-specific needs and requirements.
- New Tools Will Enhance Infrastructure and Application Performance – Spurred on by rapid software development, software-defined networks, and faster hardware technology, rapid maturation of industry tools and services will help organizations enhance the performance of IaaS, public, private and hybrid cloud solutions in the coming year. Expect affordable resources that will extract even more value in the form of greater flexibility, security and self-service, alongside service-focused offerings from providers.
- Real-time Data-Centric Decisions Are the New Norm – In 2015, we’ll see IT-enabled data-centric decisions across platforms become common practice for many organizations. Deeper insight into usage patterns and greater visibility into network operations and performance across computing infrastructure will allow organizations to make better-informed decisions about workload allocations and respond faster to enterprise nee