NVTC provides members with many valuable benefits and programs. The best way to realize the full value of your membership investment is to take advantage of all your membership benefits. Here are 25 ways to make the most out of your NVTC membership.
1. Take advantage of NVTC’s inclusive membership. All employees of member companies can participate as members. Strengthen your membership roster by engaging more employees in NVTC’s events, committees and programs.
2. Join a committee. NVTC’s committees focus on specific industries or interests and offer increased brand exposure, leadership, presentation, panel and professional development opportunities, as well as professional development for your employees. NVTC committees include Small Business & Entrepreneur, Big Data & Analytics, Data Center & Cloud Infrastructure and more!
3. Attend NVTC Signature Events like TechCelebration, Titans and NVTC’s Capital Cybersecurity, Capital Data and Capital Health Tech Summits. NVTC’s Signature Events draw hundreds of top technology executives and feature well-known and relevant speakers from all industry sectors. If you want exposure and the best networking, our events are where you need to be!
4. Post FREE job listings and receive FREE access to USTechVets.org, a database of more than one million Veteran resumes through the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative (VEI). NVTC also provides resources and training to promote best practices in Veteran recruitment, training and retention, connections with the region’s academic institutions.
5. Network on LinkedIn! Did you know NVTC has a LinkedIn Group? Share your organization’s thought leadership, start a discussion and network with your tech industry peers 24-7. Join the group today! You’ll also want to follow NVTC’s LinkedIn Company Page.
6. Enhance your organization’s public policy advocacy efforts. NVTC is front and center in Richmond to advocate for issues that are important to members and to advance a pro-business, pro-technology agenda. NVTC’s full-time advocacy team can offer counsel on your policy objectives and help you connect to policymakers.
7. Take advantage of incumbent worker funding available to NVTC members. NVTC member companies with less than 250 employees can save up to 90 percent of the cost of industry-recognized IT and cybersecurity training and certification courses through the Incumbent Worker Training Initiative of Northern Virginia.
8. Promote and brand your business through NVTC’s sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Reach thousands of technology decision-makers or target a very specific market or industry sector. Contact Yolanda Lee at email@example.com to create your personalized advertising/sponsorship plan.
9. Put your business on the Techtopia Maps. For more than 17 years, the NVTC Techtopia Map has been our way of “branding” Northern Virginia and the National Capital region as a premiere technology corridor. Sign up today to ensure that your company is represented among other key players in the technology community.
10. Utilize NVTC’s searchable member directory. NVTC members have access to a detailed online business-to business directory to help you find business contacts and potential partners. Offering complete contact information of all other NVTC members, the members-only directory is one of the most valuable tools in your membership.
11. Participate in NVTC’s Tech Talent Initiative (TTI). Leverage your organization’s efforts to recruit, hire, retain and upskill your workforce and expand your connections to the academic community through NVTC’s TTI. Access TTI’s resource portal to learn how you can participate in NVTC’s workforce research efforts and assistance opportunities.
12. Expand your company’s communications outreach by utilizing NVTC’s communications resources. By updating your organization’s expertise on your member profile, NVTC can help connect you to reporters who contact us for stories. You can also submit your news for publication on the member news section of the NVTC website.
13. Contribute an NVTC guest blog post and showcase your organization’s unique expertise.
14. Hire an intern through the VEI Scholars Summer Internship Program. NVTC member companies can provide student Veterans from 14 NVTC member colleges and universities with professional mentoring and meaningful work-based experiences by participating in the Scholars program.
15. Highlight your organization in the monthly Member Spotlight section on the NVTC website and eNewsletter.
16. Stay informed about NVTC and the latest tech industry news and trends by reading NVTC’s The Voice of Technology magazine and NVTC’s weekly member eNewsletter.
17. Read the NVTC daily news summary in your inbox and keep up to date on the biggest technology articles of the day from all major and trade publications.
18. Access NVTC’s members-only Resource Library that offers a comprehensive collection of webinars, podcasts, articles and other publications developed by NVTC and its members.
19. Recruit on NVTC’s job board. NVTC offers a job board for NVTC members to post positions and for applicants to apply.
20. Start saving! NVTC Member Advantage program provides members with money saving member-exclusive discounts on a variety of valuable products and services while facilitating mutually beneficial business relationships between NVTC member companies.
21. Take advantage of discounted health screenings. NVTC members get an exclusive discount on a comprehensive physical health exam offered through Inova Health System’s Executive Health Screening Program.
22. NVTC members get access to preferred pricing and special discounts on select Insperity HR solutions, including Workforce Optimization, Workforce Synchronization, Payroll Services, Time and Attendance, Organizational Planning, Recruiting Services, Expense Management and Financial Services. Insperity, Inc. is a leading provider of human resources and business performance solutions.
23. Participate in NVTC’s exclusive RiskNet and BeneNet discount programs and get reduced rates on insurance and employee benefit programs for companies of all sizes.
24. Save on office supplies at Office Depot. As a member, you will be able to enroll in the discount program to enjoy incredible savings on office supplies, ink and toner, paper, and coffee and break room essentials.
25. Access exclusive savings at Convene, Tysons! Convene is a tech-friendly event space featuring floor-to-ceiling windows in every room and contemporary designs that impress the most discerning guests.
Not a member yet? Fill out our membership application!