Did you know that the NVTC Techtopia Map is 15 years old in 2014? What started out as a cool idea to “brand” Northern Virginia as a growing technology corridor back in the Y2K days has become a great way to look back at how our region – and our membership – has evolved over the years.
Six things you didn’t know about NVTC’s Techtopia Map:
- Member companies AHT Insurance, Leap Frog Solutions and Lee Technologies (now Schneider Electric) have been on EVERY edition of the map! Now that’s staying power!
- For Techtopia’s fifth anniversary, we printed the map on a t-shirt that was distributed to attendees at the NVTC Banquet. That banquet was at the “brand new” Udvar-Hazy Center (The companion facility to the Smithonian’s Air and Space Museum in D.C.), and NVTC was the first outside group to hold an event there. Any long-time members still have one of those t-shirts?
- Another year, we printed an ADC Map that had Techtopia on the cover. Anyone still have one in your office or car?
- For several years, the map appeared on Metrobuses and in select Metro stations as part of a partnership with WMATA. Do you remember seeing those?
- The Library of Congress has a copy of every Techtopia Map on file.
- We added an online version of the map a couple of years down the road, and that was soon followed by the brochure version that you see in our membership kits and on the NVTC display table at events, and a calendar version, which we used to promote the Equal Footing Foundation for several years.
Would you like to be a part of Techtopia history yourself? There’s still time for your company to be included on the map in 2015. Contact Michelle Senglaub at email@example.com for more information and pricing.