NVTC provides members with many valuable benefits and programs. The best way to realize the full value of your membership investment is to take advantage of all your membership benefits. Here are 25 ways to make the most out of your NVTC membership.
1. Take advantage of NVTC’s inclusive membership. All employees of member companies can participate as members. Strengthen your membership roster by engaging more employees in NVTC’s events, committees and programs.
2. Join a committee. NVTC’s committees focus on specific industries or interests and offer increased brand exposure, leadership, presentation, panel and professional development opportunities, as well as professional development for your employees. NVTC committees include Small Business & Entrepreneur, Big Data & Analytics, Data Center & Cloud Infrastructure and more!
3. Attend NVTC Signature Events like Titans, TechCelebration and NVTC’s Capital Cybersecurity, Capital Data and Capital Health Tech Summits. NVTC’s Signature Events draw hundreds of top technology executives and feature well-known and relevant speakers from all industry sectors. If you want exposure and the best networking, our events are where you need to be!
4. Post FREE job listings and receive FREE access to USTechVets.org, a database of more than one million Veteran resumes through the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative (VEI). NVTC also provides resources and training through the VEI to promote best practices in Veteran recruitment, training and retention, connections with the region’s academic institutions.
5. Enhance your organization’s public policy advocacy efforts. NVTC is front and center in Richmond to advocate for issues that are important to members and to advance a pro-business, pro-technology agenda. NVTC’s full-time advocacy team can offer counsel on your policy objectives and help you connect to policymakers.
6. Promote and brand your business through NVTC’s sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Reach thousands of technology decision-makers or target a very specific market or industry sector. Contact Yolanda Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to create your personalized advertising/sponsorship plan.
7. Put your business on the Techtopia Maps. For more than 17 years, the NVTC Techtopia Map has been our way of “branding” Northern Virginia and the National Capital region as a premiere technology corridor. Sign up today to ensure that your company is represented among other key players in the technology community.
8. Participate in NVTC’s Tech Talent Initiative (TTI). Leverage your organization’s efforts to recruit, hire, retain and upskill your workforce and expand your connections to the academic community through NVTC’s TTI. Access TTI’s resource portal to learn how you can participate in NVTC’s workforce research efforts and assistance opportunities.
9. Utilize NVTC’s searchable member directory. NVTC members have access to a detailed online business-to business directory to help you find business contacts and potential partners. Offering complete contact information of all other NVTC members, the members-only directory is one of the most valuable tools in your membership.
10. Contribute an NVTC guest blog post and showcase your organization’s unique expertise, research activities and thought leadership. The submission process is ongoing.
11. Recruit top Veteran and military spouse talent at one of the VEI’s Recruiting Days or VETWORKING sessions throughout the year.
12. Read the NVTC Daily News Summary in your inbox and keep up to date on the biggest technology articles of the day from all major and trade publications.
13. Participate in the Tech Talent Initiative’s webinar series on ways your organization can take advantage of the resources to support the relatively untapped talent pool of individuals with disabilities and Veterans.
14. Network on LinkedIn! Did you know NVTC has a LinkedIn Group? Share your organization’s thought leadership, start a discussion and network with your tech industry peers 24-7. Join the group today! You’ll also want to follow NVTC’s LinkedIn Company Page.
15. Take advantage of incumbent worker funding available to NVTC members. NVTC member companies with less than 250 employees can save up to 90 percent of the cost of industry-recognized IT and cybersecurity training and certification courses through the Incumbent Worker Training Initiative of Northern Virginia.
16. Check out NVTC’s infographics based on industry and member research conducted by NVTC on topics like cybersecurity, data analytics and more. Feel free to utilize and share on your social platforms.
17. Start saving! NVTC’s Member Advantage program provides members with money saving member-exclusive discounts on a variety of valuable products and services while facilitating mutually beneficial business relationships between NVTC member companies.
18. Highlight your organization in the monthly Member Spotlight section on the NVTC website and eNewsletter or submit your news for publication on the Member News section of the NVTC website.
19. Access NVTC’s members-only Resource Library that offers a comprehensive collection of webinars, podcasts, articles and other publications developed by NVTC and its members.
20. Take advantage of special savings on HR and business performance solutions through Insperity. Through the Technology Advisor Program, NVTC members have exclusive access to preferred pricing and special discounts on select Insperity HR solutions, including Workforce Optimization, Workforce Synchronization, Payroll Services, Time and Attendance, Organizational Planning, Recruiting Services, Expense Management, and Financial Services.
21. Hire an intern through VEI Scholars. NVTC member companies can provide student Veterans from 14 NVTC member colleges and universities with professional mentoring and meaningful work-based experiences by participating in the Scholars program.
22. Access exclusive savings for NVTC members at WeWork. NVTC members qualify for 25% off for up to six months on Host Desks, Dedicated Desks or Private Offices at WeWork Tysons.
23. Stay informed about NVTC and the latest tech industry news and trends by reading NVTC’s The Voice of Technology magazine and NVTC’s weekly member eNewsletter.
24. Utilize discounted health screenings. NVTC members get an exclusive discount on a comprehensive physical health exam offered through Inova Health System’s Executive Health Screening Program.
25. Recruit on NVTC’s job board. NVTC offers a job board for NVTC members to post positions and for applicants to apply.
Not a member yet? Email the membership team today!
Share and Enjoy