NVTC provides members with many valuable benefits and programs. The best way to realize the full value of your membership investment is to take advantage of all your membership benefits. In celebration of NVTC’s 25th anniversary in 2016, here are 25 ways to make the most out of your NVTC membership.
1. Take advantage of NVTC’s inclusive membership. All employees of member companies can participate as members. Strengthen your membership roster by engaging more employees in NVTC’s events, committees and programs.
2. Join a committee. NVTC’s committees focus on specific industries or interests and offer increased brand exposure, leadership, presentation, panel and professional development opportunities, as well as professional development for your employees. Comprehensive and content-driven, committees’ smaller scale provide ample opportunities for efficient networking.
3. Attend NVTC Signature Events like TechCelebration and Titans breakfasts. NVTC’s Signature Events draw hundreds of top technology executives and feature well-known and relevant speakers from all industry sectors. If you want exposure and the best networking, our events are where you need to be!
4. Post FREE job listings and receive FREE access to NoVaTechVets.org, a database of more than 800,000 Veteran resumes through the NVTC Veteran Employment Initiative (VEI). NVTC also provides resources and training to promote best practices in Veteran recruitment, training and retention, connections with the region’s academic institutions.
5. Network on LinkedIn! Did you know NVTC has a LinkedIn Group? Share your organization’s thought leadership, start a discussion and network with your tech industry peers 24-7. Join the group today! You’ll also want to follow NVTC’s LinkedIn Company Page.
6. Enhance your organization’s public policy advocacy efforts. NVTC is front and center in Richmond to advocate for issues that are important to members and to advance a pro-business, pro-technology agenda. NVTC’s full-time advocacy team can offer counsel on your policy objectives and help you connect to policymakers.
7. Promote and brand your business through NVTC’s sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Reach thousands of technology decision-makers or target a very specific market or industry sector. Contact Yolanda Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to create your personalized advertising/sponsorship plan.
8. Put your business on the Techtopia Maps. For more than 15 years, the NVTC Techtopia Map has been our way of “branding” Northern Virginia and the National Capital region as a premiere technology corridor. Sign up today to ensure that your company is represented among other key players in the technology community on the 2017 Techtopia Maps which include the main Techtopia Map and three industry-specific maps: Cybersecurity, Big Data & Analytics and Health IT Map.
9. Utilize NVTC’s searchable member directory. NVTC members have access to a detailed online business-to business directory to help you find business contacts and potential partners. Offering complete contact information of all other NVTC members, the members-only directory is one of the most valuable tools in your membership.
10. Participate in NVTC’s new Tech Talent Initiative. Leverage your organization’s efforts to recruit, hire, retain and upskill your workforce and expand your connections to the academic community through NVTC’s new Tech Talent Initiative. Learn how you can participate in NVTC’s workforce research efforts and assistance opportunities.
11. Expand your company’s communications outreach by utilizing NVTC’s communications resources. By updating your organization’s expertise on your member profile, NVTC can help connect you to reporters who contact us for stories. You can also submit your news for publication on the member news section of the NVTC website.
12. Contribute an NVTC guest blog post and showcase your organization’s unique expertise.
13. Hire an intern through the VEI Scholars Summer Internship Program. NVTC member companies can provide student Veterans from 14 NVTC member colleges and universities with professional mentoring and meaningful work-based experiences by participating in the Scholars program.
14. Highlight your organization in the monthly Member Spotlight section on the NVTC website and eNewsletter.
15. Stay informed about NVTC and the latest tech industry news and trends by reading NVTC’s The Voice of Technology magazine and NVTC’s weekly member eNewsletter.
16. Read the NVTC daily news summary in your inbox and keep up to date on the biggest technology articles of the day from all major and trade publications.
17. Access NVTC’s members-only Resource Library that offers a comprehensive collection of webinars, podcasts, articles and other publications developed by NVTC and its members.
18. Recruit on NVTC’s job board. NVTC offers a job board for NVTC members to post positions and for applicants to apply.
19. Start saving! NVTC Member Advantage program provides members with money saving member-exclusive discounts on a variety of valuable products and services while facilitating mutually beneficial business relationships between NVTC member companies.
20. Take advantage of discounted health screenings. NVTC members get an exclusive discount on a comprehensive physical health exam offered through Inova Health System’s Executive Health Screening Program.
21. NVTC members get access to preferred pricing and special discounts on select Insperity HR solutions, including Workforce Optimization, Workforce Synchronization, Payroll Services, Time and Attendance, Organizational Planning, Recruiting Services, Expense Management and Financial Services. Insperity, Inc. is a leading provider of human resources and business performance solutions.
22. Participate in NVTC’s exclusive RiskNet and BeneNet discount programs and get reduced rates on insurance and employee benefit programs for companies of all sizes.
23. Save on office at Office Depot. As a member, you will be able to enroll in the discount program to enjoy incredible savings on office supplies, ink and toner, paper, and coffee and break room essentials.
24. Save 30% on UPS shipping! Members can now save up to 30% on UPS shipping services thanks to a new exclusive agreement with NVTC! That’s a significant savings, all with a carrier that guarantees delivery of more packages around the world than anyone, and delivers more packages overnight on time in the US than any other carrier.
25. Utilize NVTC’s free conference room space: NVTC offers free conference room space for small technology and associate member companies (1-9 employees) at NVTC headquarters in the CIT building in Herndon. Email Yolanda Lee at email@example.com for details.
Ready to join NVTC? Fill out our membership application!