That is the number of Veterans hired by NVTC companies since the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative was launched in 2013.
Going into its fifth year, the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative (VEI) continues to expand its impact. The VEI connects Veterans and military spouses to employment opportunities within Virginia’s technology community and provides support to NVTC member companies in their efforts to recruit, hire, train and retain qualified Veteran employees.
As we look ahead to 2018, join us in celebrating the VEI’s 2017 accomplishments:
- Over 200 NVTC member organizations participating in the VEI
- Over 2,000 Veterans hires by NVTC member companies
- Over 2,000 volunteer hours in support of the VEI by NVTC members
- Over 1 million Veteran resumes accessible on USTechVets.org, the VEI’s resume database and online job resource portal for Veterans and military spouses (free for NVTC members)
- 650 active recruiters on USTechVets.org
- 48 Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certified NVTC member companies
- 3 VEI VETWORKING sessions hosted 44 Veteran and Military spouse job seekers for high-powered networking, interviews and resume coaching
- 3 Recruiting Days hosted which had 62 companies represented with over 240 Veteran and military spouses jobseekers
Learn more about boosting your organization’s tech recruitment efforts through the VEI by contacting VEI Executive Director Steve Jordon.